2021 Fall Conference: Friday October 22 – 9AM – 4PM
Vista Ballroom at SpringHill Suites
511 Lady Street
Columbia, SC 29201
To book a room at the SpringHill Suites starting at $139/night, use this reservations link Book your group rate for SC Psychological Association or call the front desk at 803-798-2333 and mention the SC Psychological Association’s event.
SCPA is honoring Risk-Free Registration. This means SCPA will provide a full refund if registration is canceled prior to the start of the conference on October 22.
This conference will offer 6 hours of Ethics CE
Understanding Legal Issues within Mental Health: A Clinical Perspective – Emily Gottfried, PhD
- Distinguish between fact witnesses and expert witnesses.
- Understand the differences between a subpoena and court order and what to do when one is received.
- Describe ethical and other requirements regarding risk and duty to warn.
- Distinguish between emotional support animals and service animals.
- Appreciate when to consult when a patient/client reports aberrant sexual behaviors.
Ethics and Boundaries – Jim Seckman
- Participants will be able to identify the major approaches to ethics and primary methodological factors for ethical decision-making.
- Participants will be able to verbalize their personal approach to ethics and ethical decision-making and how that impacts their work as a counselor.
- Participants will be able to verbalize an understanding of professional boundaries and identify how boundaries are critical to an ethical counseling practice.