Student Poster Competition
The South Carolina Psychological Association is pleased to announce the call for submissions for the Student Poster Competition at its 2020 Annual Conference in Myrtle Beach. The student poster session will be held on Friday, March 27th.
Student Posters are in a format that allows for extended discussion of the presentation with the author. They use illustrative materials placed on a poster (maximum 4′ x 4′) with tables, graphs, and data. Posters are to be mounted on TRI-FOLD boards (not provided) so that they can stand on a table. Presenters are responsible for bringing their own tri-fold board and thumbtacks.
Posters will be judged on professionalism and the soundness of their theoretical rationale, method, and conclusions. We welcome submissions related to any area in psychology.
1st Place ($75), 2nd Place ($50), and 3rd Place ($25) prizes will be awarded in the graduate and undergraduate categories
Each student listed as a presenter must register for the conference. Registration forms will be emailed out to accepted presenters.
Submissions for the Student Poster Competition can be made by completing the online proposal:
Submission Form Requirements:
- Names and institutional affiliations of all student presenters
- Whether presenters are graduate or undergraduate students
- The name and institutional affiliation of the faculty advisor for the research
- Email contact information for student presenters
- A 300-500 word summary- The summary should provide the Program Committee with a clear overview of the material to be presented. The text of the summary should include a statement of the problem, participants, procedure, results, and conclusions.
The proposal submission receipt deadline is Friday, March 6th.